Terms and conditions of use
Any person using the Service to publish details of projects for which they invite tenders from Trade Businesses through the Service (“Projects“) is referred to in this Agreement as a “Home Customer” and any information they upload or provide to you, and all information relating to them, is referred to as “Home Customer Information (HCI)“. Any person responding to a tender or bid is referred to as ‘Trader’ and all information referred to him is known as ‘Trader Information’
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and ineedatrader.com, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by ineedatrader.com and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to ineedatrader.com and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Please note that by clicking ‘Next’ during the sign-up process and/or continuing to use any part of the Service, you confirm your acceptance of this Agreement
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of ineedatrader.com, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of ineedatrader.com.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Trader Arrangements with Customers (Including disputes)
- Ineedatrader encourage and recommend you to make all reasonable efforts to discuss your issues directly with the company concerned to see if a mutual resolution can be made.
- Whilst Ineedatrader will undertake a level of investigation, our aim is to remain impartial throughout, supporting where we can both parties to a reasonable resolution.
- Ineedatrader will contact the company to discuss your concerns as this encourages a resolution. If you do not wish for Ineedatrader to contact the company we may be able to investigate the complaint but cannot publish your comments. Your complaint will be kept on record which will allow us to build up a picture of how the company conducts their business.
- Ineedatrader can only assist you with complaints about Ineedatrader members (this includes any complaints up to a year prior to the company becoming a member).
- The complaint must be within a 24 month period from the day the work was completed, or outside of this date range we can only review complaints if the guarantee or warranty is in place.
- Appointment history is displayed on the website; all other pre-work reviews will be recorded internally.
- If necessary, Ineedatrader may ask for evidence of work carried out. In the absence of evidence we will be unable to publish the complaint.
- Ineedatrader will not publish anonymous comments or those from third parties.
- If court action is being taken by the customer, the complaint will be published and remain published if the court rules in favour of the customer. If court action is being taken by the trader, the complaint will be kept on hold until the courts verdict and published if the court rules in favour of the customer. In any event we require proof of a stamped court application.
- If a satisfactory resolution is obtained, you are welcomed to decide whether you wish to continue with your original comments, to withdraw them or to submit new feedback.
- We aim to respond to all Complaints within 48 hours.
- We aim to publish all complaints within 31 days.
- All feedback is published in order of date of work.
- Any published complaints will not show the customers details, for example name and address.
- Ineedatrader reserves the right to edit comments for length, spelling or clarity. We will not publish names or abusive language.
Trade Qualifications and Certification
- Where you advise us that you (or your subcontractors) are certified, we may verify the relevant certification. However the validity of the certificate always remains your responsibility.
- We advise our customers to request sight of evidence of applicable trade accreditations, certificate or registrations, CRB checks and solvency checks (as applicable) prior to work commencing on a Project. You agree to comply with any reasonable requests submitted by customers with regards to the verification of such accreditations, registrations or information.
- Any checks on trade accreditations or registrations made by ineedatrader do not reduce your obligation to ensure that all your subcontractors and any personnel involved in any Project have the required trade accreditation or registration to carry out specific aspects of the Project/job
- When you sign up to receive our services, we will provide a “Membership Confirmation Email“, which confirms that we will provide the Service to you in accordance with this Agreement. We may issue this to you in electronic or hard-copy format. There will also be a tariff of charges applicable to your agreed membership level as set out in the Membership Confirmation.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. Please note that it takes up to two weeks to cancel your registration. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that ineedatrader.com makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. ineedatrader.com is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst ineedatrader.com uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- ineedatrader.com accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- ineedatrader.com reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Use of Services
- You may not tender for any Project which is not legal or which may not legally be performed by you or you are not qualified to do.
- A core purpose of the Service is to connect Homeowners to genuine tradespeople who wish to undertake Projects for customers. The Service is therefore not for use by tradesmen who do not intend to carry out and ensure successful completion of each Project they accept. You therefore agree that you will not in any circumstance:
- use the Service for the purpose of reselling, exchanging or purchasing or otherwise obtaining leads from other tradesmen;
- pose as a customer and post fake Projects whether for purposes of identifying potential tradesmen in your area with whom you may wish to work, or in order to receive information from other tradesmen about their businesses and Project proposals, or for any other purpose whatsoever. This will ensure immediate membership cancellation
- You agree that you will not use subcontractors on any Project without the prior consent of the relevant Customer. You are responsible for ensuring that you and your subcontractors are legally entitled to tender for and perform any Project for which you tender or accept. By using subcontractors on Projects obtained via ineedatrader.com, you agree to procure that each of your subcontractors will also comply with the terms of this Agreement as if it were a party to it. You also acknowledge that you will be responsible to us and to all Customers for the acts and omissions of your subcontractors.
- We will not be a party to any contract made between you and any Customer and therefore we shall not be liable for any loss or damage that results from any dealings between you and any customer including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential or inconsequential loss of any kind.
You agree not to use the Service in any unlawful manner and in particular shall not:
- Post any material that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any person;
- Abuse, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate (“Post”) any inappropriate, defamatory, abusive, infringing, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise unlawful material;
- impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the original or source of software or other material contained in a file that is Posted;
- cause the Service to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the Service is in any way impaired; or
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service.
Any person acting in such a manor will have their membership cancelled
- We accept payments by credit or debit card only. Invoices are sent to you monthly by email and may be accessed at any time via your account.
- You agree to pay the fees for using the Service in accordance with our payment conditions below and as more specifically set out in the tariff of charges in the Membership Confirmation.
- Use of the service is free for customers and for trader – we charge a membership fee, or you pay separately only for each job lead a tradesperson wants to provide a quote for.
- As part of your membership, we send you the job leads that match your specified work area and trade. Each job lead includes the customer’s job description, estimated budget and postcode. It also states how much it costs to buy the full customer details so you can contact them with a quote.
- The price of a job lead varies, the average is £25+VAT for jobs more than £3000 we charge 5% and this is based on the job’s size, scope, location and demand for the skills required to carry it out.
- All memberships will not be automatically renewed on their renewal date unless specifically requested.To view your renewal date, log in to your account and visit the ‘Billing’ section under the ‘Account’ tab.
- When paying bills, it’s important that your card details are valid and that you have sufficient funds available. You can update your payment details when making any purchase via our secure website.
- In the event that a payment fails we’ll ask you to provide updated payment details. We may temporarily suspend your account if an amount remains unpaid for more than 14 days. We reserve the right to charge interest at a rate of 4% per annum over Bank of England Base Rate on all amounts that remain outstanding 30 days after the issue of our invoice.
- You may cancel within the first 14 days of membership in which case you will receive a full refund of any membership fees paid. Refunds under any other circumstance are at the sole discretion of the Company.
- You can cancel your membership at any time in writing
- We reserve the right to review our fees from time to time. We also reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before we provide any services to you.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- To the extent that the Website and Content are provided free of charge, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, ineedatrader.com accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and interpreted according to English law. All disputes arising under these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- ineedatrader.com is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10153691 whose registered address is 10 Windmill Road, Chiswick, London, W4 1SD and it operates the Website www.ineedatrader.com.
You can contact ineedatrader.com by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.